This module is the second generation of the popular HC-SR04 Low Cost Ultrasonic Sensor. Unlike the first generation HC-SR04 that can only operate between 4.8V~5V DC, this new version has wider input voltage range, allow it to work with controller operates on 3.3V.
HC-SR04 ultrasonic sensor provides a very low-cost and easy method of distance measurement. It measures distance using sonar, an ultrasonic (well above human hearing) pulse (~40KHz) is transmitted from the unit and distance-to-target is determined by measuring the time required for the echo return. This sensor offers excellent range accuracy and stable readings in an easy-to-use package. An on board 2.54mm pitch pin header allows the sensor to be plugged into a solderless breadboard for easy prototyping.
- HC-SR04P Upgrade version with build-in crystal, more reliable, lower working current.
- Power Supply: 3.3~5 VDC
- Quiescent Current : <2mA
- Working Current: 2.8mA @ 5V
- Effective Angle: <15°
- Ranging Distance : 2cm – 400 cm or 1″ – 13ft
- Connector: 4-pins header with 2.54mm pitch.
- Dimension: 45mm x 20mm x 15mm
- Weight 8.5-g.