Remote 8-bit I/O Expander in DIP16 package.
The PCF8574 is a silicon CMOS circuit. It provides general purpose remote I/O expansion for most micro-controller families via the two-line bidirectional bus (I2C-bus). The device consists of an 8-bit quasi-bidirectional port and an I2C-bus interface.
- Operating supply voltage 2.5 to 6V.
- Low standby current consumption of 10μA maximum.
- I2C-bus to parallel port expander.
- Open-drain interrupt output.
- 8-bit remote I/O port for the I2C-bus.
- Compatible with most microcontrollers.
- Latched outputs with high current drive capability fordirectly driving LEDs.
- Address by 3 hardware address pins for use of up to 8 devices (up to 16 with PCF8574A).
- DIP16, or space-saving SO16 or SSOP20 packages.