The PCF8584 is an integrated circuit designed in CMOS technology which serves as an interface between most standard parallel-bus microcontrollers/ microprocessors and the serial I2C-bus. The PCF8584 provides both master and slave functions. Communication with the I2C-bus is carried out on a byte-wise basis using interrupt or polled handshake. It controls all the I2C-bus specific sequences, protocol, arbitration and timing. The PCF8584 allows parallel-bus systems to communicate bidirectionally with the I2C-bus.
- Parallel-bus to I2C-bus protocol converter and interface.
- Compatible with most parallel-bus microcontrollers/microprocessors including 8049, 8051,6800, 68000 and Z80.
- Both master and slave functions.
- Automatic detection and adaption to bus interface type.
- Programmable interrupt vector.
- Multi-master capability.
- I2C-bus monitor mode.
- Long-distance mode (4-wire).
- Operating supply voltage 4.5 to 5.5V.
- Operating temperature range:40 to +85°C