2x80W class-D power amplifier in HSOP24 package.
The TDA8920 is a high efficiency class-D audio power amplifier with very low dissipation. The typical output power is 2×80W. The device comes in a HSOP24 power package with a small internal heatsink. Depending on supply voltage and load conditions a very small or even no external heatsink is required. The amplifier operates over a wide supply voltage range from ±12.5 to ±30V and consumes a very low quiescent current.
- High efficiency (∼90%).
- Operating voltage from ±12.5 to ±30V.
- Very low quiescent current.
- Low distortion.
- Usable as a stereo Single-Ended (SE) amplifier or as a mono amplifier in Bridge-Tied Load (BTL).
- Fixed gain of 30dB in Single-Ended (SE) and 36dB in Bridge-Tied Load (BTL).
- High output power.
- Good ripple rejection.
- Internal switching frequency can be overruled by an external clock.
- No switch-on or switch-off plop noise.
- Short-circuit proof across the load and to the supply lines.