Bakelite Sheet is a versatile and economical grade of hard wearing plastic that is used in a variety of areas. Bakelite is use for its electrical non conductivity and heat-resistant properties in electrical insulators, radio and telephone casings and such diverse products as kitchenware, jewelry, pipe stems, children’s toys and firearms. It machines well and can be accurately cut and drilled.
- Thickness: 8mm.
- Area: (200×250)mm.
- Color: Brown.
- Heat Resistance (Martens Test) (min.): 125°C.
- Impact Strength: 24.5 KJ/m².
- Bond Strength (min.): 5,390 N.
- Density: 1.45g/ cm3.
- Flexural Strength (min.): 103MPa.
- Tensile Strength (min.): 63.8MPa.
- Electrical Breakdown Strength: 4kV/mm (0.5 to 1mm).
- Perpendicular to Laminations In: 3kV/mm (1.1 to 2mm).
- Transformer Oil at 90°C : 2kV/mm (2.1 to 3mm).
Our Local Outlet: